Nathalie from our customer service presents all her tips for using your Xtend® suitcase just below!
Before travelling, make sure your Xtend® battery is fully charged!
Why a fingerprint lock ?
How do I configure the fingerprint lock?
First time registration :
When you have received your new suitcase, no fingerprint is recorded in the Memory, any finger will open it until you have recorded one. To record the first fingerprint:
- Place one finger on the sensor to Wake up the system,
- Press the button next to the sensor and hold it down for 2 seconds. The LED will lit yellow quickly,
- Place one finger on the sensor for scanning. The LED lits up blue then green when the scan is completed,
- Remove the finger, the LED flashes again.
- You have to scan the same finger 4 times in succession to record a full fingerprint, until the LED changes to solid blue.
Your fingerprint is saved and will be the only one that can open the bag, it is the master fingerprint that allows to register any additional fingerprint.
How to open your Xtend® with the Auto-Lock feature?
When the zippers pullers are inserted in the lock, the suitcase is automatically closed. To reopen your Xtend®, simply place your finger on the sensor (or open it with the key provided). If a fingerprint is not recognized the LED will change from green to red. Try again with a finger already memorized.
What to do if the Auto-Lock feature does not seem to work?
Should the lock remain dead when you touch it – no light, no sound – you may follow this step:
- Use a USB C charger, or use the USB C adapter (gold color) and the micro USB cable that you plug into a USB charger. It is important to use a charger plugged in the main, not a battery. This should reactivate the lock.
- Let it charge for 30’ before unplugging.
As you can remove the Power Bank, you may wonder how to remove the tiny battery of the lock? Actually it is so little than it can stay in the suitcase. Also it is not visible by the security scanner.
Expanding your suitcase
Simply undo the zipper that goes around the lower section of the suitcase; Pull the telescopic handle to its maximum.
Expand your Xtend® by holding the telescopic handle with one hand, then with the other hand pull the top handle.
You’ve just made your suitcase 50% bigger !
Devices and bottom compartment
What size laptop can fit in the business sleeve ?
The Xtend® case offers two compartment to store your computer:
- a back pocket where you easily fit tablets and laptop up to 12 inches (USB plug available)
- and a large front pocket for a 15 inches computer
How to use the padlock of the bottom compartment ?
The combination is 0-0-0 and can be customized by following these steps:
- Pull the padlock rod – picture 1-
- Rotate the shank 90 ° counterclockwise until you can press the shank down.
Turn the knobs to obtain the desired combination.
- Release the rod to record this combination. You can change this combination by repeating the steps above.
How to set the code on the lock of the Xtend® Lite ?
The Xtend® Lite does not come with the auto lock with a fingerprint, but with a TSA approved 3-digit lock.
To set your own code, follow these steps :
1 – Put the dials at its original numbers 0-0-0. To open the lock, press button A outwards.
2 – Press the button B inwards and hold.
3 – With your other hand, turn the dials to the desired setting.
4- Then, release the button B .
Now you have finished to set your personal combination. Please remember your personal combination by heart.
5 – Please repeat the above steps to reset the numbers.
If the cylinder is opened, please pay attention to lock it again by rotating it 90° anticlockwise. (Any tool which can be inserted in the cylinder is OK)
Airlines Compliances & misc.
Airport Security (TSA) & Airlines compliance
We have done our due diligence to make sure the Xtend® suitcase complies with travel industry standards.
Fingerprint opening system:
Security officers have a master key to open your luggage in case of necessity: let TSA know they hold a master key and point out the logo on the TSA approved smart-lock.
Your Xtend® has been designed in accordance to civil aviation regulation FAA. The electronic lock is normally dormant and turns on as you approach a finger to save battery life. You can safely open your luggage during a flight, as long as the signal “fasten your seatbelt” is not lit.
Xtend® suitcase uses a 75 watts Lithium-ion removable battery, which is well within the FAA limit of 100 watts on Li-ion batteries.
As body scans, medal detectors and random bag checks are part of a standard security practice in airports, you may be asked to open your suitcase. All you need to do is to show the removable battery.
The battery in the Xtend® suitcase is removable and has to be removed to check-in in order to comply with the latest airlines regulations.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 275 airlines or 83% of total air traffic. The Xtend® suitcase meets the size recommendation set by IATA. The dimensions of the bag are:
Cabin size (retracted):
- Height: 21.7” (55 cm)
- Width: 13.8” (35 cm)
- Depth: 9.9” (23 cm)
Cargo size (expanded):
- Height: 29.5 inches (75 cm)
- Width: 13.8 inches (35 cm)
- Depth: 9.9 inches (23 cm)
Weight: 7.5 lbs. (3.4kg)